My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Capsicum and Cashew Pesto

Here is a little recipe 
for capsicums...of any colour.

De-seed and cut the capsicums into strips.
Char grill them
I just put them in a hot dry non stick pan 
and pressed them down so they came into full contact with the heat.  
I removed them when they began to char...
well as soon as the smoke alarm went off anyway.


Amounts are estimated and all put in a food processor.  
  • 3/4 cup of prepared capsicum.
  • 1/3 cup of cashews
  • 2 sliced cloves of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves
  • 1/3 cup of olive oil


I buzzed it until just combined (I wanted a rough rustic pesto, but you could go smoother)
Remove from the processor and stir through 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste


I used this in a pasta dish 
but it was tasty and would go well on biscuits or as a dip.

8 comments:

  1. I pay good money in the supermarket for one that looks just like that Hazel...Im going to give it a go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to tell us now that the cashews are home-grown too? (That would be nice, wouldn't it?).
    I'd be tempted to try your recipe if it weren't for the fact that capsicums don't like me: they give me raging indigestion (which is a shame, since they look nice and have good texture.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum Yum, I love dip. You know that question of what foods you'd take to a deserted island? Mine would be dip. Give me dip and I am a happy girl.

    I can really see myself settling in well at yours Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what I could use my excess of capsicums for - yum!
    Any ideas for my excess of cucumbers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe girl! I'm looking forward to the promised pumpkin ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a tapas bar with all diferent dips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...