One of my New Year's Resolutions was to eat less meat. Well so far we have been doing very well. We sometimes eat meat if we go out but the vast majority of our meals at home are vegetarian.
But they are far from dull...check this one out!
Roast Pumpkin and Green Bean Salad
1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2.5 cm cubes
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
200 g green beans, topped and tailed (these ones from the garden were a little big, so they were sliced)
100 g rocket
100 g fetta, cut into small cubes
3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon tamari (may substitute light soy)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with cumin and toss to combine. Roast for 20 - 25 minutes, turning occasionally until pumpkin is soft and slightly darkened around the edges.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Lightly steam or boil the beans (about 3 minutes). Drain and place in iced water to stop cooking.
- Place rocket on a platter, arrange pumpkin, fetta, green beans and toasted almonds on top. Pour dressing over.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper if desired.
- Serves 4
It is a delicious combination of
flavours and textures.