My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Great pumpkin challenge - recipe #3

A number of people have left links in their comments to pumpkin recipes so I have added a gadget to the sidebar with links to these.
If you have a favourite pumpkin recipe let me know so I can add it.
This way we will all have access to lots of recipes for pumpkins.


Recipe #3 - Spiced pumpkin muffins





The muffins are a 'Traditional, tempting, tried and true' recipe from the Country Women's Association
Ingredients
125 g softened butter
1/4 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup golden syrup
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup mixed peel
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda


Method
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
Thoroughly blend the butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs, golden syrup and pumpkin puree.
Mix in fruit.
Sift dried ingredients together and fold into the mixture.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased muffin pan.
Bake for 20 - 35 minutes.

Recipe makes 12 muffins.

     They make a delicious rustic muffin that is more spicy than pumpkiny ...but worth the effort


    13 comments:

    1. Ok now, TRYING to cut down on the yummy tasting muffins here!LOL, these look way,way too good.

      ReplyDelete
    2. OHHH yummy gosh you have made me hungry they look Delish , i should whip some up for school lunch boxes tomorrow ,im always looking for new and Tastey treats!!

      THANKS FOR SHARING
      Heidi :-)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yummy looks realy tasty wish I could make them but they dont sell golden syrup here 8(

      ReplyDelete
    4. Too delish, too easy and far too easy to eat! A cool autumn afternoon and spicy pumpkiny muffins....dangerous combination!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great idea Hazel. I'll look forward to using your pumpkin gadget.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Am currently suffering from six large pumpkins, so this post is brimming with awesomeness as far as I'm concerned :) Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    7. what a great idea - i am hoping for a massive pumpkin harvest this year so hope to be searching for recipes soon.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Here's a recipe that's begging me to make them. Thank you. Maa.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oh my goodness, too scrummylicious for words!
      Great idea, your pumpkin recipe collection... will get cooking and a'photographin and add mine soon :D)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Pumpkin dip is the recipe that is getting through the pumpkin glut here. I'm having it on my sandwiches for lunch every day at the moment, and not sick of it yet.Roast Pumpkin and Macadamia Dip, or Spread

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hi Hazel, here's my contribution to your Great Pumpkin Challenge Crumbed Pumpkin and Garlic Slices
      Thank you for bringing all these recipes together, it's a great idea :D)

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Hazel,

      Just came across your blog - really enjoyable - I too have been posting pumpkin recipes although only a measly 5 out of an intended 7. This is the link to one of my favs: http://suburbantomato.com/2011/06/quinoa-salad/

      http://suburbantomato.com/2011/07/spicy-pumpkin/ is also great.

      I have heaps of pumpkin left from the autumn harvest so I'm really excited to try your recipes.

      Liz

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...