My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Windows

On the way home we took the boys up the Eureka Tower in Melbourne.  It is the tallest residential tower in the world with the highest viewing platform in the Southern Hemisphere. 
These photos are taken from the 88th floor.


The stadium in the centre with all the blue courts around is where the Australian Open Tennis is being played.  The arena with the lights at the back is the MCG...site of the appalling Boxing Day Test which sealed Australia's loss of The Ashes to the Brits.  The river running through the city is The Yarra.  I realise now I should have taken a photo of Albert Park Lake with the Melbourne Grand Prix track circumnavigating it.  It seems Melbournians are a bit sports mad.




A four year old's view of the city.



This morning whilst taking a shower,  in the newly cleaned and fumigated shower recess which was home to the now evicted chickens,  I had the strangest feeling I was being watched!




 After the shower I felt like taking a bow, as the 6 y.o. did yesterday after assisting a (rather dreadful) busker.





12 comments:

  1. Weeheee Hazel that tower is making me giddy from here! Oh I don't love heights, but I am so glad you braved them for that fabulous view you are supplying us.

    And what a view the goats had hey! Where's their photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Great pic of the goats. I've never seen Melbourne. What a pretty view of the city. I have to admit, the pictures made my belly feel a bit ill - no a fan of heights - but I'm glad y'all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta watch those goats Hazel, what will they do next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the goat photos Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way pop over and check this out - http://athousandclappinghands.blogspot.com/2011/01/objects-for-two-children.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a problem with new header pictures going blurry and found from the forum that loads of people have the same issue. I got round it by uploading my photo to Flickr and using the URL from there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wow that veiw is fantastic ..im loving the picture of the goats they look like they are ear wiggin thro the glass lol what a classic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hilarious Hazel...those goats seem like they are giving you oodles of fun....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, and Ali, what I want to know is: is there a school uniform blue hat that all youngsters in Australia have to wear?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't understand that fear of heights. I would be scared if I was up that high without a building...but here is glass and steel. You can't fall off.

    Mark, we suffer under a huge hoe in the ozone down here and have the world's highest rates of sun cancer (I think) so we are very 'sunsmart'. Broad brimmed hats or legionnaires hats are part of most school uniforms. Most schools also have a 'no hat, no play' rule which is strictly enforced. Sunscreen is a way of life for us too.

    Von, thanks for the link...I think I will have to begin training Bazza to carry a rider...or pull a cart. That would be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, Mark it's not always blue, but they all have hats, yes. It's only a relatively new rule, when I went through school we didn't have to wear them. Ummm... kind of new, I finished 20 years ago THIS YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, for me it's that glass thing. How do you KNOW it won't break and you fall through?? I also won't walk over sidewalk grates - even though they are metal. What if it broke and I fell through?! Do you KNOW what's down there? ick can't be good! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...