My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Twenty-Two Little Butternuts

I was waiting until the first frost to harvest the pumpkins but changed my mind when someone or something began chewing on a couple. I feel lucky to have any pumpkins at all because I planted them so late. They are rather small...but in some ways that is better. When you cut a big pumpkin, you are eating it for a long time! Keep watching the blog for some yummy pumpkin recipes.
I left nice long stalks on the pumpkins and these will dry off and they will keep for months in a cool dry place.

2 comments:

  1. When you planted the seeds I really didn't think you would have enough warm weather for pumpkins to mature. It will be interesting to see if you can replicate this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to do better next year...lots of different pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...