My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Corn and Peas

Remember those 'telegraph peas' I planted between the corn stalks...they have been up a while and should start climbing soon. Hopefully the corn will protect them from the frost.

There are still cobs on the corn. They are ready to pick when the silk dries off like this one. It is best to eat corn as soon as you pick it because the sugars in corn begin converting to starch when picked. This is why home grown corn is so much more delicious and sweet than bought corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...