My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

OK...who has been dining on the kale?


What is the difference between these poor chewed individuals


and these beautiful cabbages?


Here is the culprit...the caterpillar of the white cabbage moth.


But really the difference is a mosquito net which keeps the moths out. No sprays, not daily caterpillar hunting and no nibbled leaves.



3 comments:

  1. Do the cabbage moths think they are mosquitoes when they see the mosquito net?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they think they are mosquitos they better buzz on down to the creek and lay their eggs so their wrigglers will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hazel, you are right, that's quite a fabulous difference! Your netted cabbages look wonderful. I am definitely going to give this a go. Thanks so much for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...