My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fat bastards pay out!

I have been reading, jealously, about asparagus on other blogs lately.
Then... this week...my Fat Bastards produced a few good spears!

Even though they have been in the ground for less than 18 months,
they lived up to their name with some good sized spears.


Umm, I may have played around with this pic a bit too much,
but it was a great basis for dinner. 
They're eggs at the bottom, 
not some sort of new-age potatoes!




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Hazel, those fat bastards look delicious and after only 18months. I thought it took a lot longer than that. HDW

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats my kind of dinner in the making there Hazel...greens and eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What deliciously fat bastards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!I have let my asparagus just grow this season but I am anticipating my own fat bastards maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya hooooooo! I wish I'd put some in the ground myself. Booooooo...yours look great! But aren't you meant to just leave them??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs Bok, you are only supposed to pick sprouts if they have a larger diameter than your little finger. I only got one feed off these, because they are young. The next lot of shoots were much thinner. Hopefully there will be lots more next spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...