My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's raining on my parade!

To be precise, it is raining on my kitchen build!
So much so it has been put off for a week.

On the bright side, that will give me time
to finalize my ideas and make
a detailed plan with measurements.

True beauty has good bones.
So I think I will buy 
some treated pine or hardwood uprights 
to put into the ground.  
They won't be visible when the kitchen is finished...
but will make sure it stands up.

In the mean time come with me
and gloat over all my booty...



See the cupboard doors... and some metal for cladding the outside?
Both made from flattened out tins...so I am recycling the recycled.

The ladders may become shelves or end up in the veggie garden.

There are lots of old bottles in that crate... including a couple of pint milk bottles.



Keep your eye on Mum's old worm farm...it is going to transform.
Can you see that piece of oval metal as a sign?
A Castrol planter and
not one dunny door,
not two dunny doors,
but three dunny doors!
That top one may be a table top I think...
or a bench.


19 comments:

  1. Looks Great Hazel! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity about the rain Hazel but perhaps you needed the formal planning time. I know you have been planning this in your minds eye for ages.!
    Your backyard looks a bit like Steptoe and Son's yard!
    Love your header photo!
    PS Not raining on this side of the mountain! HDW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a haul! Cannot wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohh lovin the booty girl..its exciting watching it all come together..been a tad wet here too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, the weather here is beautiful, a bit like Spring. I am trying not to get too excited though. Have made a list of the veggies and herbs I am gonna plant, that is when the frosts nick off.

    Hopefully you will get some nice days soon too. Cant wait to see the finished product from your end. Lots of good stuff you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be an interesting project to follow - looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just think how clean the kitchen will be after all this rain. While finalising your ideas this week I suggest you indulge in coffee and cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, that haul is certainly one that I would be lugging home with me Hazel....I call it serious "Rust Lust'....fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could send some of that rain up this way!! Your kitchen is going to be amazing, You've collected some great pieces. I can't wait to see the finished product, you must stop teasing....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too much rain here too! Chicks are looking at the sky in bewilderment whenever I carry the outside,they have only seen the inside of a garage and then pen before so this is a first for them! They don't even know what to make of silverbeet!

    Looking forward to seeing your kitchen coming together, SO EXCITING. I'd make all the smelly things to eat I'm never allowed to make inside..balachan for example.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Presumably you have a trailer for carting all this stuff around the countryside during your foraging expeditions?
    You certainly have to have "vision" for this sort of project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! Lots of useful "junk" :) Can't wait to see how you put it all together. It's a great project and not even rain can spoil it :) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What I'd like to know, is if we are having a kitchen warming party???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ali I was just wondering the same! A kitchen warming sounds great. HDW

    ReplyDelete
  16. So looking forward to seeing this progress. Great idea Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to see the final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at all that 'potential'! Looking forward to the progress of the built and the finished product :) Outdoor kitchen is still very much a unique project here so I'm watching with extra interest and curiosity :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...