My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pees and Leaks

Following along nicely from yesterday's post I spent the afternoon 
planting peas and leeks in the garden...
or should I say peaing and leeking in the garden. 

However, I think the computer has decided to censor me and is playing up.  
I cannot turn this first photo the right way...
so you will have to gently place your right ear 
on your right shoulder 
to get the right view.






That raised bed is made from those boxes 


and....


I also planted  brown onions, some more cabbages (savoy) and cauliflowers (snowball) and broccolini.  
There are also telephone peas (which I assume will climb to great heights), snow peas, broad beans (dwarf Coles).  

Today I am off to plant some more root crops as the full moon is here again.


11 comments:

  1. Hallo cheeky lady! Have fun rooting around in your garden in the full moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im off to plant some leeks too...some more broccoli, an artichoke! some carrot seeds, and some other things that I cant remember what I bought.....
    oooh, we have new chickens Hazel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I paid $6 for 3 leeks yesterday, for some soup. You have planted a gold mine. V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now my brain is leaking out of my right ear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I love leeks... and peas, but only fresh peas... frozen peas are not yum. Your garden beds look simply magnificent young Hazel, although I may now sue you for osteopathic work for this crick in my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps I just realised there's no word verification! Praise the vegetables, I hate word verification!!! Although they do sometimes prove amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have been busy Hazel - reminds me to get my skates on and pull out the summer vegies!
    Love the design of your header and the beautiful photograph of your camelia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. smile. I planted beans a couple of weeks ago. Wait to see whose got first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thoroughly approve of the new raised bed! I do however need you to explain why planting root crops is best done when the moon is full...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice looking raised bed what a great find

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the expansion of your family EM. Ali, I will include a neck massage in the holiday package you won. :-) Mark, I have no idea about the moon. Some people swear by planting according to the moon cycles. Full moon is good for root crops...????? I planted the garlic on the last full moon and it was up in a flash and is doing much better than I remember last year's. The carrots I planted then also had a great germination rate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...