First you remind yourself to plant some pickling cucumbers next year.
Second, you make some Tsatziki Dip.Ingredients:
- Two cups of plain yoghurt
- 2 cucumbers
- Dill about a tblspn, or you can use mint.
- Juice of one lemon
- Suspend yoghurt in a cloth over a bowl for two hours to drain the whey...throw the whey away.
- Peel, seed, chop cucumbers and place in a colander sprinkled liberally with salt for half an hour. Most of the salt runs away with the juice from the cucumbers...but you can rinse the cucumbers if you want.
- Blend cucumbers, lemon juice and dill.
- Stir this mix into yoghurt.
Delicious straight off, but even better the next day when the flavours have blended.
Third, knowing there are many more on the vine, you feed the rest to the chickens and the goats.