My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rhododendrons



Two more rhododendrons in the garden have flowered.



This one starts off with hot pink buds, blooms soft pink then fades away to almost white.










Marvelously mauve.









And another over the fence...

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!I have a Hebe out at present called Coconut Ice, similar colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicate colours, ond the flowers look stunning in close-up. Round our way we have a lot of "wild" Rhodos, which are a light mauve / lilac colour. Do you get those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of you Rhodies, Hazel! Our wet and cool spring has provided perfect conditions for our flowering plants and trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how gorgeous! I want to start over with spring again and not go to winter. LOL! I will have to enjoy your spring and eye candy this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,wonderful photos .My compliments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Von -Coconut ice - perfect description of this one's colour.
    Mark - I haven't seen any 'wild' rhodos in this part but the gardens around here are full of them. We have had record rains after 10 years of drought and they are loving it.
    Hocking Hills and my other overseas visitors.- It is my pleasure to bring a little spring into your lives...I hope you will do the same for me when it is Winter here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...