My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Zucchini in

The first of my home grown seedlings have gone in the ground.  The four zucchini had produced their secondary leaves and were robust and the weather has warmed up with an even warmer forecast. 

To protect them, I will be putting little bottle 'glass houses' over them at night for a while.  But I think they will outgrow these pretty quickly.




  The chickens take their job of working over the newly dug beds very seriously so I have to protect the seedlings from their enthusiasm, hence the orange fence.  
These beds are in a different section of the vegetable garden to the 'no dig' beds mentioned in earlier posts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...