My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wettish

I just went out and checked the rain gauge...90 mm in last 24 hours and it is still coming down.  The creek is raging again and will no doubt come up more as the run off hits.  In the paddocks on the other side of the creek there are little rivulets and waterfalls running down the hills.   The white box on the right of the photo below houses the electric pump that allows me to run the garden sprinkler system.  It is usually a little higher above the water line.  I hope it doesn't go under.  This photo was taken at 3 pm and I will take more later to monitor the levels.


 A Summer creek..... shallow, pebbly, cool and welcoming.

The lichen likes the wet.




4 comments:

  1. 90mm - wow that is a lot of rain! We have had only about 10mm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..check out the stats on the weather radar. I went out 2 hours after the posting and we had another 10 mm and it has kept raining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good points and the details are more specific than elsewhere, thanks.

    - Joe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...