My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Signs of things to come



The little lemon tree (about thigh high) is punching well above its weight and has produced about 20 good sized lemons.  Not content to rest on its laurels it is beginning to  flower and it looks like we will have a steady supply of lemons in the future.  (Note to self: fertilze citrus soon).




The large nectarine in the back yard is covered with blossoms and this also bodes well for our fruit supply.  This tree has had lots of little birds supping on its blossoms including Eastern spinebills.  Obviously they, along with the bees, have a role to play in pollinating.

And finally, here is Vera, Veronica, Hebe Veronica, or just Hebe.  Lovely isn't she and she has a special place in my heart.  

 (Note to self:  plant some Heather and find out if there is an Irene plant)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...