My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

High on grass

cannabis leaf


Well, that got your attention didn't it!  No, I haven't been lighting up, although I think a bit of that goes on in this valley.  I have just fired up the mower for the first time this spring.  

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the work needed doing in the garden and, quite frankly it was getting me down.  Seeing my sister's very neat veggie garden recently made me cringe because mine is (was) full of weeds.

Building the berry house last week and cleaning out the chook shed were a good start.  But cutting the grass has made an amazing difference to the look of the garden.  I even combined grass clippings with the chook manure and straw to make a new compost pile.

The grass along the creek out the back was knee high and hard work.  I will borrow a brush cutter from the tool library at the community house and do the bank which is quite steep.

So you can see that I am quite high now that the grass is not and I didn't even need to roll a joint!

Now can you tell me what this is?  I think the tree is a weeping elm.  Would these be flowers?


And finally, if you want to see something to make you smile check out Mila's Daydreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...