My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brewster the Rooster finds his crow.



Brewster's voice has dropped an octave or two and he had a go at crowing this morning. In truth it was a bit pathetic.....more 'Cock' and very little 'Doodle OOO'. Now all we have to do is wait for the girls to hit puberty and start laying.

Brewster and Lucy are Cochins. Check out the feathers on Bruce's feet.
They are a very placid and friendly breed. The hens don't lay as well as some (about 2 eggs per week). They often become clucky and make great mothers. This is why we have Bruce and Lucy...him to keep the peace and calm everyone down and Lucy to raise the chicks. (We have other chooks for eggs) Cochin roosters aren't supposed to crow as much as some breeds...we will see.
Do you want to know more about Cochins?
Check this web site: Here is My Pet Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...