My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The bearded woman

I'm sorry little chick,
but araucanas are funny looking!
Who ever heard of a bearded chook?
Or are you a rooster?


I suppose you could always get a job in a circus
as the bearded woman (if you are a hen).
Otherwise, chip chop, in the pot!


Now you will notice that is two posts about
cooking roosters...

but I will never be able to do it!
I'm too chicken!

4 comments:

  1. This wouldn't be a Christmas chook would it Hazel? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, get your photo-editing software to work and give your Santa Claus chook a nice red hat with a bobble on it, to go with his/her snowy beard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll save one from the glaring eyes of Cook's pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I was speaking to a long time local of the area and Ballynoe Cottage used to be HAZEL's cottage!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...