My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More Spring. Yawn!


November!  Spring is still springing in the garden and, of course, springing ( but less enthusiastically) onto this blog!  


Solomon Seal


Banksia Rose






An infant forest of Japanese Maples  


Is it possible?  I think I am becoming a bit bored with Spring.   Maybe I was building up to the crab apples blooming and now everything else is an anti-climax.  Whatever, I am looking forward to changing the theme on the blog to a more summery one very soon.


8 comments:

  1. Lucky you, with spring! It's autumn here...blech. Not looking forward to dank winter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is going to be a bit boring for you after such an exciting spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summers up here in the north of Oz are definitely not my favourite time of year ... your Spring looks far more enjoyable.

    Love the gorgeous Banksia Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful. I love the Soloman Seal. All the best, Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to watch your seasons unfold just the opposite of ours. Here in Virginia (USA), we are finishing up with autumn. The leaves are mostly gone from the trees, although a few stragglers are holding on for dear life. I've heard reports of snow flurries in the area, but I have yet to see them for myself. I know it's just a matter of time before my garden is turned into a white, winter wonderland. At any rate, our garden season is over for another year, until April rolls around with its promise of new life.

    Stan Horst
    Publisher: BetterBenches.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your Banksia Roses are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Spring, because it holds out the promise of good times to come. It's when the gardener is busiest too -- sowing all those seeds, either outdoors or under cover. Your garden is evidently going through a "White" phase. In the UK I often refer to Spring as the "Yellow" time of year, because I associate it with daffodils, primroses, broom, forsythia, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Japanese maples can give you opportunity to enjoy its autumn foliage, I believe.
    Their leaves in autumn foliage color is so beautiful, like a gradation of crimson and green, that we are attracted with in Japan.
    And do you know we, in Japan, enjoy "fried maple leaf"? That's true. We eat it when we go out to see autumn foliage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...