My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Preparations for the new tenants

Ah!  More wonderful Spring weather.  I am still holding off on planting out but I have been working on the veggie patch so it will be ready for when I do.

First was the pea straw, then the grass clippings and now the cow manure.  Next year I hope to get enough manure in Autumn and Winter to age so that I won't have to buy these bags.  I used four today.



This what it looked like after I applied it. 



And this is what it looked like after the chooks had had a good scratch...all mixed up!




Then I hung an old gate I had, using twine from the pea straw bales...ready for some climbing beans.


The seedlings are growing well so I will be able to move them into their new quarters very soon.

I also planted some eggplant, marigold, petunia and cosmos seeds for transplanting later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...