Step 1: Pick oranges from the tree.
Step 2: Collect eggs from chickens.
Only joking, it is just that this cake is a favourite at the moment because we happen to have a lot of oranges and eggs. The cook in this house also buys almonds in bulk, blanches and processes them in the blender. But you can buy almond meal.
- 2 oranges
- 6 eggs
- 250 gms caster sugar
- 250 grams of almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- boil whole oranges covered in water for 2 hours.
- preheat oven to 190 C
- beat sugar and eggs
- add chopped oranges (everything except pips)
- add almond meal and baking powder.
- place mixture in greased 20 cm baking pan
- cook for approximately 1 hour until cake springs back when lightly touched in the middle.