My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Winter Vegies

I can feel some cauliflower au gratin coming on. This picture is deceptive. The curd is quite little in real life.
The broad beans began flowering this week. Isn't it funny how some plants just love the cold weather!

The cabbage hearts continue to grow and firm up. Although the red cabbages I planted at the same time aren't nearly as advanced. But that is OK I won't end up with a glut of cabbages.

Ah! The veiled one. We have been eating the delicious broccolini, which has prospered under it's white moth excluding net. Not one single application of pesticide and it is perfect.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...