My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Friday, July 30, 2010

A pruning question

I wanted to show you some better before and after photos of the rose I pruned earlier in the week. I would interested in your opinion about whether I have cut it too hard or not.


BEFORE
AND AFTER

2 comments:

  1. Looks like that poor rose hasn't been pruned for ages - it will be very happy now! You have done a magnificent job and will be rewarded with lots of flowers.
    I once heard on the radio of a commercial grower that uses a slasher on his roses each year (not to the ground of course but a manageable height) and he claimed that they rewarded him with blooms year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it is difficult to kill a rose by pruning it....looks like you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...