My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bloody evidence of a crime.

This was the sight that greeted me in the chook house this morning when I went to let them out. Blood on the feeder!

My first thought was a racist attack carried out on the refugees. A close examination of the hens proved this was not the case. It was one of the Henny, Penny or Jenny hens with a speck of blood on her wattle. The refugees have clipped beaks, expressly to stop this sort of thing so they are probably not the perpetrators of the attack. Which just leaves me to assume that this must have been a case of domestic chook violence.

If this continues I will have to put the injured hen into protective custody and issue an AVO on the others. If only I had the equipment and expertise of CSI to help identify the culprit! To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. What about Brewster? Does he look guilty?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...