My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rock surprise.

I have been bragging about the lovely, deep and friable soil here. Well, I may have to eat my words. When I was digging holes for the last three pear trees (a Williams, a Buerre Bosc..and another one I can't recall at present) I hit stones and rock. As you can see from the picture, they come in a variety of sizes and are smooth. They have obviously spent a lengthy time in the creek at some time.

I have been considering the geography of the valley and wondering where the creek may have flowed in earlier times. These may give a clue to that... OR they might just be the remnants of some past gardener's pebble garden. If it is, he/she spent a lot of time hauling them up from the creek and now they are covered over.


As usual, Bruce and the girls were interested in my efforts. The rocks have come in handy as anti-chook mulch around these three trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...