My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A busy day.

Today I split some redgum...great exercise and very empowering. I also hammered in several star pickets to create another trellis for fruit trees and planted three apples and a couple of pears. I have put these in the veggie garden. I will post some photos at another time.

Tonight we are eating silver beet, corn and tomatoes from the garden. That's right! There are still tomatoes on the vines. The ones pictured below were self seeded plants that I let grow, long after I thought they would have any chance. The two frosts we had this week have knocked some of their foliage around and the greens ones may not ripen. But hey, who knows?

1 comment:

  1. An amazing year for vegies - tonight I picked some strawberries, capsicums and the last of the zucchini.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...