My photo
Australia
I ran away from teaching to the country to grow veggies. There are also some chooks and a pair of troublesome goats who were so much trouble they had to go! My simple green life isn't always as simple or as green as I'd like...but I keep trying!

Friday, April 16, 2010

King Parrots



I have spent ages this afternoon trying to blend in with the trees so I could photograph a King Parrot for the blog. I counted at least 14 in a japanese maple but they are so shy and easily spooked that I couldn't get close enough for a good picture. I have loaded a couple...just to prove they are really here. If you are interested in finding out more about these gorgeous birds then check out this site ://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Alisterus-scapularis.

3 comments:

  1. This photograph is beautiful - it looks like an impressionist painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is because I had to edit and fiddle to make it half reasonable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love messages so write as much or as little as your want.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...